We are seeking a skilled video editor who understands how to structure videos with proper storytelling and all the technical skills needed to add in transitions, music, and sound engineering to bring a story to life. Our ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with a background in videography and video editing. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills who is dedicated, dynamic, detail-oriented, collaborative, professional, and results-oriented.
- Assemble raw footage and transfer or upload to a computer
- Input sound to enhance footage, which may include selecting music and writing voice-overs
- Input graphics to enhance footage
- Digitally splice film and video and synchronize them into one rough cut file
- Improve and correct lighting, coloring and faulty footage
- Edit media content from various sources to create clear and cohesive videos that are engaging, informative and impactful
- Consult with team, clients and key stakeholders to understand specifications, content and delivery expectations, and determine project needs and best approach to meet production requirements
- Ensure all source media and deliverables adhere to brand guidelines and production standards
- Contribute to scoping meetings with producers and clients regarding overall project direction, creative concepts and workback schedules
- Be able to work remotely with a solid internet connection
- Create and cultivate a positive work environment with co-workers and clients alike
- Training in multimedia and communications a plus
- Proficiency in editing software programs
- Understand the production process for video projects, including: storyboarding, shooting, editing, review, and distribution
- Sets up, and operates various production equipment including cameras, audio, lighting, and video recorders.
- Post-production and after-effects experience is a must.
- Collaborate with the design team to develop video strategy and determine content opportunities, and execution on video pieces.
- Great communication skills – we need you to be able to interface with our clients
- Strong creative background with focus on storytelling.
- Photography experience is a plus, but not required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud as a whole, advanced knowledge of Premiere Pro, and ability to work in Resolve
- Creative experience in filmmaking and videography
- A portfolio of outstanding work that demonstrates your editing capabilities and includes representations of your contributions to collaborative productions of various scale
- Experience editing various video projects and inserting sound effects, music and transitions
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible, adaptable, open to change in a dynamic work environment.
- 3+ years working in a production environment as a video
- Portfolio or work examples demonstrating industry-level video production values and editing techniques.
- A Firm grasp of using color, lighting, composition, cinematography and audio to convey specific moods, tones and brand style in a video
- Examples of your pre production process (storyboards, shot lists, etc.)
- Technical Skills
- Strong knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop.
- Proficient in creating concept boards and other visual representations of planned edits for video projects
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate across teams and management
- Excellent attention to detail; Consistently produce accurate work product
- Sense of urgency and excellent time management skills
- Must exhibit a calm demeanor and flexibility during fast paced and high-pressure projects
- Positive contributor to team culture
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task effectively–proven accuracy and follow through
- A Bachelor of Fine Arts in communications, media, visual art, film, television, multimedia or graphic design is a big plus
Salary: $55K – $65K DOE
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year